Barton named Princeton’s assistant vice president for facilities operations .
Neuroscientist Bradley Dickerson wins McKnight Scholar Award for biological 'gyroscope' .
Bradley Dickerson is one of six neuroscientists to receive the 2022 McKnight Scholar Award.
Simon Gikandi and Chika Okeke-Agulu recognized by British Academy for their contribution to the humanities .
Simon Gikandi, the Robert Schirmer Professor of English and chair of the Department of English, and Chika Okeke-Agulu, professor of art and archaeology and African American studies and director of the Program in African Studies, have been elected corresponding fellows of the British Academy.
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid